McGill University Postdoctoral Fellowships 2016-2017
These postdoctoral study fellowships shall be funded by the Arnold and Blema Steinberg Organization and the appointment(s) will be for an initial duration of one year with a possibility of renewal for a different year.
A primary function of the postdoctoral study fellowship application is to instruct the subsequent generation of global Migration legislation specialists considering pursuing careers in Migration law. Therefore In addendum in completing a major research project in a relating subject of migration and refugee regulation, successful candidates, as members of the CHRLP staff, will be strongly inspired to take part in the critical movements of the CHRLP and Oppenheimer Chair initiatives.
Applicants have to maintain a doctoral degree in legislation obtained within the last 5 years. The best candidate need to have a high track record of previous research (Original), an excessive degree of English, and have got to advocate a study undertaking with a clear focal point on migration, mobility, or refugee-related problems. Below are the criteria for this fellowship;
- Originality, standard, and relevance of the challenge to modern world problems of migration and mobility.
- Ability revealed by using the candidate to conduct authorized study and participate in other tutorial tasks substantiated by the applicant’s previous track record of original research and publications.
- Availability and willingness of the candidate to participate actively within the tutorial lifetime of the Centre for Human Rights and authorized Pluralism, together with a dedication to be bodily gift in Montreal for the period of the tenure of the postdoctoral fellowship.
- The candidate’s want and preparedness to pursue a profession in human rights legislation and/or migration regulation, refugee regulation, and migration policy.
- Practical or authentic experience in working with migrants and refugees is considered as an asset.
Fellowships are awarded for pursuing Postdoctoral Programme at the School of Law. Fellowship list of subjects to learn is International Migration Law and Policy.
The chosen candidates will acquire a Fellowship of the worth of $50,000 CAD each year. Scholarship is located in Canada
Fellowship application deadline 30th April 2016
How To Apply McGill University Postdoctoral Fellowships 2016-2017
Desired candidates are hereby informed to submit
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Proposal (maximum 4 pages)
- Transcript of Postgraduate (Doctoral) Studies
- Applicants should also name 3 referees who may be invited by the CHRLP to send Letters of reference.