The Women Technology Incubator Kenya Program is open for female entrepreneurs.
The programme is an initiative of Standard Chartered in partnership with Strathmore University @iBizAfrica incubator.
The Standard Chartered Women Technology Incubator Kenya…
Women in Technology Incubator Kenya Program
Africa’s leading women tech incubator, aligning with calls for more diversity in technology..
and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership expertise.
The program combines world class startup support with local and international experience.
To be eligible, applicant must be;
1. Kenyan centric i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and aimed at mitigating these challenges
2. Innovation driven, leveraging on technology and new business models across thematic areas i.e..
3. Women focused
4. Business model (sustainable development goals)
5. Three months to less than 2 years of operations
6. Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development
7. Pre-revenue with early traction (users). Post revenue is an added advantage.
Applicants may submit applications across the following thematic areas:
IT / Mobile solutions
13th November 2017
To be Taken at (Country)
Strathmore University, Nairobi Kenya
Type of Grant
We are seeking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds, women-lead startup teams leveraging on technology as a key driver of innovation in business.
The principle founder must;
- be a woman
- 18 to 35 years of age
- of Kenyan nationality
Standard Chartered Bank
December 6, 2017 – March 9, 2018
- Three months incubation at Strathmore University’s leading tech incubator
- Mentorship from world class mentors
- Coaching by top business, technolgy and legal professionals
- Immersive, worldclass entrepreneurship cirriculum
- Networking and exposure to expand your business networks
- Membership to the Kenya Women In Technology fellowship program and alumni network upon successful completion
- 10 teams will compete to secure seed funding and 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with go-to market and scale.
- 5 top teams will walk away with up to USD 10,000 or KES. 1 million seed grant funding to launch and grow their businesses!
How To Apply ~ Apply Now